Lead .NET Developer.
London, Remote / permanent / £47,000 to £50,000
Lead .NET Developer
A leading charity is searching for a talented Lead .net developer to work within the digital centre of excellence, leading and mentoring our .net developers to deliver to a high standard.
This is an exciting time to join the team as they are refocusing their work in order to better support the charity under a new strategy, providing an opportunity for an experienced lead to form the team into a high-performing unit and review governance and standards.
Reporting into the Delivery Manager (and potentially substituting for them in case of absence) the Lead Developer is senior in a tight-knit SCRUM team, developing back-end code for web development in line with the needs of business owners, ensuring that no developments are undertaken without good due diligence to ensure they are in line with technical governance and principles. As the Lead .Net Developer you will mentor, measure and support the development team, taking line management duties where required. You will also own and lead the development and documentation of Coding Standards, ensuring they are adhered to and code is committed to as high a quality as can be expected, with a minimum number of bugs.
What the ideal Lead .NET Developer candidate will look like:
The charity are looking for a self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects. You must have a collaborative, proactive, patient and diplomatic approach with a ‘can-do’ attitude and attention to detail, be highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce good quality written technical documentation.
Detailed Duties & Responsibilities
- Be the first line of support for production requests/issues, taking the lead on analysis and technical design when required. Be fully involved in implementation, integration, testing and support
- Own internal code standards, ensuring they are up-to-date, documented and well understood by relevant team members. Ensure they are in line with any requirements set by the technology directorate including security standards. Own the creation and maintenance of source repositories, build & deployment scripts and various server environments related to your work and ensure the team does the same.
- Create software and code, as required by the business, in accordance with the development standards and practices of the business, to a high-level of quality.
- Own the definition of technical solutions, including design and architecture. Work collaboratively with project managers and product owners to ensure projects are developed with user needs in mind and delivered according to agreed outcomes, building trust and strong internal relationships.
- Primarily responsible for Dev-ops - monitoring and improving deployments, establish and maintain reliable cross-application environments through CDN, SQL, Apps, etc
- Oversee monitoring logs, performance optimisation and maintenance tasks.
- With the Delivery Manager, support the development team, including mentoring and technical advice/support.
- Lead team code reviews, taking responsibility for the quality and technical output of the code generated by the team.
- Carry out or supervise and check the deployment of work onto internal and external environments (including live environment), on-site or remotely.
- Where needed, support the Delivery Manager with SCRUM ceremonies, sprint planning, retro, demo and daily stand-ups. Provide accurate estimation and pointing for user stories and ensure all tasks are logged appropriately on JIRA
- Work with the external development agency and support strong relationships between the internal and external members of the team
- Help with the creation and maintenance of source repositories, build & deployment scripts and various server environments related to your work and ensure the team does the same.
- Learn and develop your technical knowledge, including technology and platform knowledge (e.g. CMS) that your team specialises in; growing your technical capabilities.
If you are interested or know someone who may meet the criteria, please apply today.
Keystream is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity and inclusivity. We represent values-led clients with an EDI agenda and strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help make the recruitment process more accessible for you.