Assistant Data Manager.
London, Remote / contract / £34,591
Are you a confident communicator with excellent people skills? Do you have previous experience working within complex databases? If you answered yes to both questions, then this may eb the role for you!
A charity who’s mission it is to develop, promote and ensure the highest standards of surgical training are looking for an Assistant Data Manager. You, as the postholder, will assist the Data Manager by retrieving, cleansing, and analysing large quantities of data from a variety of SQL server databases and making them available to internal and external stakeholders to inform research projects. You will also service the Data Group and provide advice to external stakeholders concerning the requirements for making appropriate data applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with internal and external researchers in relation to specific research projects, including providing advice on applications and communicating decisions to applicants.
• Keep records of data requests, data extracts and summaries of decisions and outcomes.
• Use querying language (SQL) and spreadsheets (Excel) to retrieve, mine and analyse data from a variety of data sources to inform decision-making and to handle complex data integration issues and solutions.
• Use techniques for cleansing and validating data extracts.
• Document routine procedures using scripting techniques.
• Manage the secure transfer of data, using encryption and secure channels.
• Access and integrate other datasets when required such as eLogbook, GMC and RCSEng SIMS.
• Assist with establishing, implementing and maintaining the organisations data protection policies, including data storage, data retention, cleansing, archiving, encryption and transfer. This area involves managing changing priorities and responding to differing situations.
• Monitor, investigate and resolve data anomalies and identify opportunities to improve data, data management and data governance.
Person Specification and Skills Needed:
• Degree in a technically-related field e.g. statistics, computer science, mathematics and economics
• Experience of writing SQL server queries
• Demonstrable experience of interpreting technical information for a non-technical audience through briefing papers and reports
• Proficient use of SQL server management studio to query complex relational SQL server databases
• Data handling, cleaning and modelling
• Proficient use of scripting techniques
• Use of data visualisation and BI tools
• Data warehousing