Data Insight Manager.
London / permanent / £38,000 - £40,000
This post is open to female applicants only as this is deemed a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010. Although this post is only open to women, the charity is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with diverse backgrounds, including those with disabilities, BAME and LBT communities.
This newly created position within a passionate charity, reflects the critical need for impactful insights and evaluation of the organisation’s services. You will lead, motivate, and develop an efficient and dynamic insights team, focused on the two streams of the charities core work – Violence against Women and Girls (VAWG) services and women in the Criminal Justice system (Minerva).
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Oversee the relationship with the charities external database and software provider (currently Paloma’s MODUS software) to ensure that all staff have the correct access, training, and support to deliver their work effectively.
• Review the agreements with external providers, benchmark services and lead any conversations about upgrades/migration.
• Undertake the role of nominated Data Protection Officer, responding to all requests made to the org’s DPO in a timely and methodical manner.
• Work with the Insights Team and Service Managers/Directors to understand the desired key outputs and outcomes for services, and ensure effective monitoring, evaluation, and best practice guidance for using MODUS is embedded into case management and service development.
• Support the Insights Team to prepare reports and analyse large sets of quantitative and qualitative data on service delivery gaps and strengths within and across projects as required.
• Ensure the integrity and robustness of the data and handle reports of issues from the Insights Team with data quality and/or case compiling, guiding the team to liaise with front line staff, managers, and data analysts from partner agencies as necessary to improve practice and increase positive outcomes for service users.
• Use analysis of service delivery data relating to the charities programming to make strategic recommendations to the Senior Management Team.
• Act as an internal and external advocate for data, highlighting the importance and integrity of data internally and presenting the findings of our work to both internal and external audiences (e.g. at conferences).
• Critically assess and develop how we measure the value of the org’s services to enable the charity to communicate both its social and economic value to funders, commissioners, and other relevant stakeholders.
• Support the wider Business Development Team in fundraising and report writing by ensuring the Insights Team are working in compliance with the org’s strategic outcomes.
• Participate in supervision, training and meetings as required, and assist in the development of services in line with agreed development plans.