Evidence and Insights Manager.
London / permanent / £40,000 - £44,000
This post is open to female applicants only as this is deemed a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010. Although only females can apply, the charity is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with diverse backgrounds, including those with disabilities, BAME and LBT communities.
This is a newly created position at a passionate charity, which reflects the critical need for impactful insights and evaluation of the organisation’s services. You will bring an innovative approach and be passionate about driving systemic change through measuring outcomes/impact of services. The Evidence and Insights Manager will also lead, motivate, and develop an efficient and dynamic insights team, role modelling the charities values and behaviours and focused on their two streams of core work – Violence against Women and Girls (VAWG) services and women in the Criminal Justice system (CJS).
Whilst your team of Data Insights Analysts will ensure that the charity is able to accurately measure the effectiveness and impact of its programming, the Manager will take ownership of concisely communicating this to both internal and external stakeholders in engaging ways. The role will develop more internal data science knowledge and experience, delivering on the organisation’s strategic priorities with regards to service contracts, data, monitoring and evaluation.
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Work with the Insights Team and Service Managers/Directors to understand the desired key outcomes for services, and ensure effective monitoring, evaluation, and best practice guidance for using MODUS is embedded into case management and service development.
• Support the Insights Team to prepare reports and analyse large sets of quantitative and qualitative data on service delivery gaps and strengths within and across projects as required.
• Present to the CEO, Senior Leadership Team and Board proposals for new services that are aligned with the strategic outcomes as well as use analysis of current service delivery data relating to the programming to make strategic recommendations.
• Lead on external evaluations with researchers/academics and manage these relationships, utilising your exposure to and previous experience of academic institutions, research organisations and individuals to build research partnerships that contribute to the organisation’s voice and influence in the VAWG and Criminal Justice sectors.
• Work closely with the CEO and Directors of Services to disseminate findings from our learning and research agenda through high quality articles and reports tailored for a range of audiences within our network and across the broader sector.
• Alongside the Directors of Services, facilitate the development and transfer of knowledge from other project/programme evaluations - write case studies, best practices, lessons learned, and success stories to document project learning and contribute to knowledge exchange.
• Represent the charity at external conferences and networking events to share our emerging learning and research insights.
• Proactively influence commissioners, funders and policy makers through driving external communications and engagement based on these insights.
• Work closely with key statutory partners such as the Ministry of Justice, MOPAC, Home Office and Local Authorities as well as contracted delivery partners and ensure these relationships are productive and mutually beneficial, leveraging these to exchange knowledge and impact policy change.
• Review the agreements with external providers, benchmark services and lead any conversations about upgrades/migration.
• Undertake the role of nominated Data Protection Officer, responding to all requests made to the DPO in a timely and methodical manner.
• Support the wider Business Development Team in fundraising and report writing by ensuring the Insights Team are working in compliance with the organisation’s strategic outcomes.
• Participate in supervision, training and meetings as required, and assist in the development of services in line with agreed development plans.