London / contract / £194 per day
ICT Engineer - Contract
An ICT Engineer is sought by a Central Government organisation for an 8 month contract to work with a team of Lead and Senior Engineers in the provision of high quality technical support to the end users, ensuring maximum access of properly configured, reliable devices. The role encompasses all aspects of service, including software configuration, administration of user accounts and compliance with security policies. Based in Central London, it is inside IR35 through an umbrella company, at a rate of £194 per day.
ICT Engineer – key tasks
The successful candidate is likely to be performing the following tasks as an ICT Engineer contractor.
• Work with end users to identify and resolve user-reported problems, providing a constant level of support to agreed service levels.
• Installing, configuring and commissioning of PC hardware and software, managing licences and following security protocols, retaining master copies in a secure location.
• Administration and technical support for server machines and network management, including local back-up procedures, to ensure users enjoy maximum availability of services.
• Creation and administration of user accounts for network access, modification of user permissions and swift removal of accounts and access for leaving staff.
• Contributing to security processes, installing and maintaining virus protections on PCs and servers, and compliance with ICT security policies in all PC and LAN usage.
To apply for the ICT Engineer contract position, we are seeking the following skills and experience:
• Experience of providing a high level of support to local area end users, utilising a ticket-system to prioritise issues resolution.
• Ability to adhere to service level agreements.
• Knowledge and understanding of security procedures and practices.
• Good communication and customer service skills, and able to work as part of a wider team of ICT Engineers.
Keystream is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity and inclusivity. We represent values-led clients with an EDI agenda and strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help make the recruitment process more accessible for you.