R & D Manager.
Somerset / permanent / £45,000 - £70,000
Your new company
An international molecular diagnostics organisation operating across the US and Europe, supplying to healthcare systems and corporate partners. Experiencing rapid growth and seeking the right people to take their business to the next milestone, whilst retaining their incredible culture and family-feel environment.
Your new role
The R&D Manager will be responsible You will manage for managing and delivering a range of R&D projects from the development for the point-of-care diagnostic platform to adapting their current systems. You will also be responsible for managing and coaching a team of R&D scientists and engineers in a fast-paced and pro-active environment. Responsibilities include:
• Lead in the technical direction of the development of new assays in line with company milestones.
• Manage the R&D team to deliver project plans for new and existing products aligned with company goals.
• Ensure that new products are developed within regulatory guidelines.
• Manage the smooth running of the laboratory facilities, ensure they are operating within QMS and regulatory compliance.
• Expand the portfolio of equipment to improve the speed and quality of service that patients receive with their diagnosis.
What you need to succeed
• Educated to higher degree level, ideally possess a PhD in a relevant technical discipline.
• Experience in managing teams of 5-10 people in a busy environment, and proven experience as a strong, successful leader.
• Relevant R&D experience in IVD product development, molecular diagnostics or related medical devices.
• Experience in project management of multi-disciplinary projects.
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant regulatory and quality compliance procedures.
• Strong molecular biology or clinical microbiology experience.
• Strong data analysis skills, including statistics and data interpretation.
What you get in return
The opportunity to work with a growing diagnostics company that respects and looks after their employees. You are rewarded with a highly competitive salary with additional health benefits. They offer an attractive annual leave package and flexible working arrangements.
The role is available immediately, so contact us as soon as possible to apply and find out more.
Keystream is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity and inclusivity. We represent values-led clients with an EDI agenda and strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help make the recruitment process more accessible for you.