Research & Development Director.
Somerset / permanent / £80,000 - £120,000
Your new company
An international molecular diagnostics organisation operating across the US and Europe, supplying to healthcare systems and corporate partners. Experiencing rapid growth and seeking the right people to take their business to the next milestone, whilst retaining their incredible culture and family-feel environment.
Your new role
The R&D Director will be responsible for growing the Research & Development Department and the product portfolio from concept to launch, including assay development strategies. You will be supporting product development roadmaps and improving processes and projects where necessary. We are seeking a strong leader to grow the department from strength to strength. Responsibilities include:
• Manage internal research and development activities in line with company goals.
• Provide technical leadership in new product portfolios and technology development.
• Effective management of financial, human & other resources, necessary to fulfil the responsibilities of the role.
• Ensure all development projects are compliant to quality and regulatory standards.
• Drive end to end product development cycles of complex medical devices.
• Develop and implement R&D tools, processes, standards and metrics, including establishment of best practices.
• Project and maintain, at a high-profile, the company's scientific excellence to an external audience.
• Identify and manage external funding and scientific initiatives.
• Develop strategies for developing & protecting the company's intellectual property.
What you need to be successful
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing and supporting new products within the molecular device industry. They will need to be proactive and a strong leader with a roll your sleeves up can-do attitude. Requirements include:
• Educated to higher degree level, ideally PhD, or obtain a Masters
• Previous experience in a senior research & development role, having led successful teams.
• Proven track record focused on IVD product development on molecular products, including successful new product launches.
• Strong working knowledge of Quality Management System & international regulatory requirements.
• Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
• Strong strategic ability, and interpersonal skills, effectively leads and guides from the front.
• Demonstrates quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem-solving skills.
What you get in return
The opportunity to work with an inclusive, growing diagnostics company that respects and looks after their employees. You are rewarded with a highly competitive salary with additional health benefits. They offer an attractive annual leave package and flexible working arrangements.
This is a fantastic opportunity, get in touch as soon as possible to discuss.