Equality & Diversity Policy
Keystream Group appreciate the significance and are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
As a partner to public sector organisations – we are also committed against unlawful discrimination of customers or the public.
We comply fully with the Equality Act 2010.
Keystream Group is committed to supporting the principle of equal opportunities and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of any Protected Characteristic (PC) including sex; race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin); religion or belief; age; disability; marital status and civil partnership; sexual orientation; gender reassignment; pregnancy and maternity.
This policy covers vacancy advertising, recruitment and selection, training, promotion and conditions of service and is compliant with the following legislation:
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
- The Local Government Act 1988 and 1999
- Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Act (SENDA) 2001
- Racial & Religious Hatred Act 2006
- The work & Families Act 2006
- Equality Act 2010
Keystream Group’s aim is to create an environment that encourages and values diversity within its workforce and builds on the difference’s individuals bring, enabling our continued success. We seek to promote diversity and to respond to the needs of all individuals in a fair and equitable manner, whilst observing our commitment and responsibility to current legislation.
The policy’s purpose is to:
- Provide equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment, whether temporary, part-time or permanent.
- Oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination. This includes in pay and benefits, terms and conditions of employment, dealing with grievances and discipline, dismissal, redundancy, promotion, training or other developmental opportunities
Keystream Group commits to:
- Fulfil our social responsibility towards our employees, contractors, temporary workers and the communities in which we operate.
- Encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace by creating a working environment free from unlawful discrimination, victimisation and harassment in which all employees, clients, partners, candidates, contractors and temporary workers are treated with dignity and respect.
- Create a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.
- Make all opportunities (including advertising, interview and selection processes, promotion and training) as accessible as possible to under-represented groups.
- Make opportunities for training, development and progress available to all staff, who will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential, so their talents and resources can be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation
- Conduct monitoring and to ensure processes are fair, equitable and accessible and to identify any significant under-representation. We will periodically review our selection criteria and procedures to ensure that they remain compliant and maintain a system that ensures fairness.
- Recruit, train and promote the best person for the job and to make full use of the talents and resources of all our employees.
- Provide the facilities and opportunity for anyone who believes that they have been treated inequitably within the scope of our policy to raise the matter through the appropriate grievance or complaints procedure.
- Log all reported instances of harassment and take action to mitigate and minimise harassment and victimisation wherever possible.
- Ensure that employees understand that breaches of this policy will not be tolerated and may lead to disciplinary proceedings.
Our policy will be reviewed regularly and maybe altered from time to time in light of legislative changes or other circumstances.